The Town of Nottingham NH is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
Deputy Town Clerk
Job Summary: Performs highly responsible clerical work for the Town Clerk, serving the public in a variety of matters. The Deputy Town Clerk must be domiciled in Nottingham.
The Deputy Town Clerk is directly supervised by the Town Clerk and is responsible for any and all duties delegated to her/him by the Town Clerk.
Examples of Essential Duties:
1. Processing motor vehicle and boat registrations and associated reporting
2. Processing of dog licenses
3. Keeping a chronological record of births, marriages and deaths, issuing certified copies of same and accounting therefor
4. Overseeing and being responsible for many duties regarding the election process
5. Answering phone, email, and in-person inquiries from customers
6. Performing clerical duties such as filing, organization, workspace tidiness
Knowledge, Training, Skills and Abilities Required:
Good communications and problem solving skills, and experience working with the general public required. Computer proficiency, the ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment are important. The ability to attend all required certification classes and general seminars and meetings as they arise. Previous municipal experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Minimum Qualifications Required: High school diploma or equivalent with office or business experience.
Sensory Requirements: For communicating with others, talking is required; for taking instructions from others, hearing is required; and for doing the job effectively and correctly, sight is required.
Interested candidates should submit an application and resume to the Town Clerk, Lori Anderson, at PO Box 114, Nottingham, NH 03290, or via email at [email protected]. Applications accepted until position is filled.