Members of the Conservation Commission welcome participation and/or assistance from the community for the following ongoing and proposed projects and activities:
Conservation Easement Activities
- Wildlife Tracks in the Snow
- Spring Amphibian Wetland Walk
- Wildlife Inventories, Flora and Fauna
- Trail Clearing and Maintenance
Additional information will become available as activities are scheduled.
- River Water Sampling for quality, May through September
- Adopt-a-Highway Roadside Cleanup, four times each year
- Outreach programs with other town groups
- River Signage
- Town liaisons for regional conservation groups such as the Lamprey River Watershed Association, the Lamprey River Advisory Committee and The Southeast Watershed Alliance and land trusts such as Bear-Paw Regional Greenways, SouthEast Land Trust and The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests
- Defining the Four Generals Greenway overlay for Nottingham
- Well Water Testing Program partnered with NH State Labs
- Nottingham Day
Please contact the Conservation Commission if you are interested in volunteering.