May 1, 2020 Nottingham has a new Town of Nottingham Zoom page that may be reached directly HERE.
The Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment are directed by RSA's 672 through 678.
There are five basic functions of a Zoning Board of Adjustment in NH:
- Interpreting the terms of the zoning ordinance, or the application of those terms to a particular set of facts.
- Determing whether a proposed use of project, or some aspect thereof, is "grandfathered" from having to comply with the terms of the ordinance.
- Determining whether to allow a legalized violation of the ordinance ("variance") is necessary to prevent the ordinance terms from being unconstitutional as applied.
- Granting a special exception as specifically allowed by the ordinance if the criteria set out in the ordinance are met.
- Granting an "equitable waiver" which would legalize a dimensional violation when it would be unfair to require correcting it.